Students at The Ohio State University have many opportunities to take technology-enhanced courses in the College of Arts and Sciences. A sampling of technology-enhanced courses can be found for summer 2016, spring 2016, autumn 2015, and summer 2015
The Ohio State University offers many technology-enhanced courses, from hybrid to distance-enhanced to distance-learning courses (in order from least to most online content). The Ohio State University defines modes of instruction as follows:
|Credit hours||Distance Learning |
Some students thrive with online learning. Others do not. Take a moment and consider how you’ve learned best in the past. Please note that performing better in one mode of instruction versus another is not an indicator of the quality of your abilities as a student. It is simply a recognition that online is different from offline learning.
- Are you self-motivated or do you do better when instructors set out closely defined goals?
- Are you highly organized or do you prefer more structure and reminders?
- Are you time-conscious or do you prefer to have your time more closely regulated?
- Do you prefer to work independently or do you look forward to meeting your classmates?
- Do you have reliable high-speed Internet access or do you rely on low-bandwidth (dialup, etc.) or free Internet access?
- Do you have a reliable computer or rely on someone else’s?
- Are you familiar with recent computer programs or are you still learning to use them?
If you agreed with the first parts of the above questions, you may do well in an online course. If you agreed with the second parts of these questions, you may do better in a traditional course.