How do I revise my face-to-face syllabus for online use?
- Review the ASCTech Distance Learning webpage
- Review the Distance Learning course syllabus template from Ohio State's Office of Distance Education and eLearning (ODEE) as a pdf or Word document [docx]
- Review Dos and Don'ts for Online Syllabi
- Ensure that you have the ASC Recommended Syllabus Elements for Distance Learning Courses
- Review the Arts and Sciences Review Rubric [PDF]
- Review the Syllabus
Where can I learn more about the Quality Matters Rubric, which Ohio State recommends for online courses?
- Learn about the Quality Matters rubric
- Watch a video about Quality Matters from Shoreline Community College
- A video series about Quality Matters from Ohio State
How should I use social media in my class?
- Review the ODEE best practices for social media [pdf]
- Follow the OCIO guidelines for social networking
- Consult ASC Communications social media information
How can I help students become active learners?
Where can I see an approved online syllabus?
How do I flip a class?
- Review a Sample Daily Schedule for a Flipped Course [pdf].
- Examine sample syllabi for Chemistry with Dr. Matt Stoltzfus [pdf] .
How can I ensure that my course is continually improving?
- Use the ASC Sample Student End-of-Term Survey [pdf] to evaluate student interaction with technology. Modify course media accordingly.
How can I hold online office hours?
- Follow the ASCTech Dos and Don't for Online Office Hours
[pdf] - Some links on this page are to .pdf files. If you need these files in a more accessible format, please contact email@example.com. PDF files require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader software to open them. If you do not have Reader, you may use the following link to Adobe to download it for free at: Adobe Acrobat Reader.
[doc] or [docx] - Some links on this page are to Microsoft Word files. If you need these files in a more accessible format, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org